- receiving the Outstanding Community Partner Award from the University of MN Center for Community-Engaged Learning for our Connection Club supporting UMN students, faculty, and staff engaged in service-learning.
- partnering with Minneapolis Community Education to serve older people in the JOY Club
- serving interesting people over 65 from all over the 55414 zip code area
- supporting people, who have been clients, in their move to assisted living
- financial support from new sources and people that underscore the value of what we do
- recruiting new volunteers from the University and community
2017 has been a wonderful year. Highlights include:
Author: Lydia McAnerney, Volunteer Coordinator and Marji Miller, Executive Director. Margie's been a part of Southeast Seniors for over fourteen years and has a wealth of experience. Lydia joined Southeast Seniors in 2015 but has worked with volunteers for over 30 years.